Recipe submitted by Jared, OR.
The beets give this burger a slightly sweet flavor that's balanced by the cayenne and the smokey flavor from the paprika.
The vegan "mayo" is a nice complement to the burger and the cornmeal on the fries really make this meal delicously savory!
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 c. cooked quinoa
- 2 c. Garbanzo Bean Flakes (501550)
- 3 lg. carrots, shredded
- 3 sm. beets, shredded
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. cornmeal
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. onion salt
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ½ t. cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- hamburger buns or toast
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Mix Garbanzo Bean Flakes, shredded carrots, shredded beets, sliced green onions, eggs, cornmeal, smoked paprika, onion salt, garlic salt, cayenne, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture sit 5 minutes, then form into 6 patties. (Add more beans if the mixture is too wet to hold when formed into patties.)
- Heat up 2 t. oil over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet.
- Cook patties for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Place on hamburger buns or toast and serve.
- 6 med. potatoes, sliced to ¼ in. wedges.
- 2 T. oil
- ¼ c. cornmeal
- 1 t. oregano
- ½ t. thyme
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Combine cornmeal, oregano, thyme, and salt in a ziplock bag or bowl.
- Coat potato wedges in cornmeal mixture.
- Coat baking sheet in oil, and spread a single layer of potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Roast the potato wedges for 15 minutes, flip wedges, and roast for 15 more minutes.
Vegan "Mayo" sauce
- 1 c. unrefined sunflower oil
- ½ c. unsweetened soy milk
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Using room temperature unsweetened soy milk, combine the unrefined sunflower oil, unsweetened soy milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Taste, add salt to taste.
SUBMIT A RECIPE
Previously this recipe was listed as vegan, this is an error. Recipes containing eggs are not vegan, however, you can substitute vegan egg alternatives.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.