- Garden Valley Foods is following all FDA and state guidelines to ensure food safety in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Any new guidelines enacted by the FDA and by state representatives that are applicable to food safety shall be enacted immediately.
- The entire plant has been closed to the general public.
- Social distancing is being enforced within the plant. The office staff is restricted to separate offices.
- Common areas (i.e. doors, lunchroom, bathrooms) are sanitized and disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Arrangements have been made so that customers requesting local pick-up are able to do so with no person to person contact.
- We are closely monitoring all new information and practices regarding COVID-19 that will help us keep our employees healthy.
Garden Valley Foods has always maintained and will continue to maintain all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) compliance, FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) standards, and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requirements.
At this time there is no evidence to support food sources as a transmission source of COVID-19. However, strict guidelines are already enforced by the above-mentioned administrations regarding food safety.
Perry Sterner, Owner