Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed with zucchini, beans, rice, corn, spices, and topped with cheese, tomatoes & sour cream!
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 4 t. chili powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 sm. zucchini, halved and sliced
- 15 oz. (1 can) corn, drained
- 1 T. olive oil
- 6 lg. bell peppers, halved
- 1 c. rice, cooked
- 1 c. Black Bean Flakes (500654)
- 1 c. water
- 15 oz. (1 can) enchilada sauce
- 16 oz. (1 can) chile sauce or enchilada sauce
- 2 c. grated cheese, divided (your choice)
- 1 - 3 tomatoes, diced (topping)
- sour cream (topping)
- Pre-heat oven, 400°, and prepare ingredients.
- Cook rice according to box directions.
- Add water to Black Bean Flakes, mix. Set aside.
- Combine cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a dish, divide. Use half of the seasoning on the beans.
- Toss zucchini and corn in olive oil with half the seasoning. Spread out on a baking sheet. Roast at 400° until vegetables are soft but not mushy. Set aside, reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a lightly oiled casserole dish lay out the halved bell peppers. Scoop in a layer of beans, sprinkle cheese, add a layer of rice, fill with veggies. Pour enchilada/chile sauce over the top of all of the bell peppers. Top with another layer of cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender when pricked with a fork and cheese is melted. Serve.
SUBMIT A RECIPE
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.