Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
INGREDIENTS (Creamy Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga):
- 1 lb chicken, shredded (boil frozen chicken until fully cooked, then shred chicken)
- 2 sm cans Green Chiles, diced/chopped
- 1 pk cream cheese (1 cup cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 - 6 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp oil (I use olive oil, but vegetable, canola, butter, all of it will work)
- I lg can Green Enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (Mexican blend, Colby, or Cheddar)
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Boil frozen chicken until thoroughly cooked. (If you're using canned or pre-cooked chicken, skip this step)
- Shred chicken.
- Mix 1/2 cup water, shredded chicken, diced chiles, cream cheese, and taco seasoning in a large pan, medium heat. Continue to mix ingredients together until well blended and the cream cheese is melted, then remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto flour tortillas and fold the tortillas burrito style.
- Add the oil to a medium/large pan and heat to medium.
- Place as may "burritos" as will comfortably fit into the pan and fry each side until golden brown. Place the crispy burritos into a 9x13 in baking dish. (repeat until all burritos are crispy and in the baking dish)
- Cover the crispy burritos in Green Enchilada sauce.
- Put in the oven and bake until the enchilada sauce bubbles. (About 8 minutes)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. (for melty cheese you can return to the oven for a few minutes) Top with sour cream and serve.
INGREDIENTS (Yellow Pea Rice):
- 2 cups quick-cook rice
- 1/4 cup Yellow Pea Flakes, Seasoned
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Add the Yellow Pea Flakes to the water and rice.
- --Cook according to the box directions-- bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover for 20 minutes, fluff rice, and serve.
- 2 cups Seasoned Pinto Bean Flakes
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Mexican, Colby, or Cheddar)
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine Pinto Bean Flakes and water.
- Heat for 2 1/2 minutes on high, stir.
- Return to microwave, heat on high 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir. (add more water if too thick, microwave longer if too thin)
- Top with cheese, and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.