How to Roast Red Peppers
Roasting peppers brings out their sweetness and adds a smokey flavor. Roasted peppers add flavor and texture to many dishes. Canned peppers are stored in a preservative that changes the flavor, try roasting them at home.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 per sheet
- 6 Peppers
- 3 - 4 t. neutral flavored oil (grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Wash and dry peppers. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with olive oil (or grapeseed) or drizzle and smear across foil.
- Place whole peppers on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 5 minutes. The peppers will be ready when the skin is charred and blistered.
- Pull peppers from oven and cover with foil for 15 minutes.
- Peel skin from peppers, discard. Slice open peppers and remove seeds. Use peppers.
- Canned or jarred roasted peppers.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.