When you're tired of salads on #meatlessmonday,
give these slightly spicy black bean burgers a try.
Black beans, chili, and Sriracha combine to make a burger as good as any double patty cheeseburger!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 c. Panko or breadcrumbs, seasoned
- ¼ white onion, grated
- 1 egg
- ½ t. chili powder
- salt & pepper (½ t.)
Sriracha (1 t.)
Colby Jack cheese
olive oil (for frying)
butter (for grilling)
hamburger buns, rolls or other bread (I used Onion Hamburger Buns.)
red onion, sliced
avocado, sliced or mashed
other favorite toppings
- In a large bowl, add to Black Bean Flakes (500657). Mix.
- Add the Panko (breadcrumbs), grated onion, egg, and chili powder. Add salt, pepper, and Sriracha to taste or as suggested. Mix, set in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Form patties, according to bun size. (Wrap extra patties and freeze to use later.) Return to fridge for 5 minutes.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Preheat oven to 350° F. Fry the burgers 5 minutes on one side.
- While burgers cook, butter buns, set face down on a cookie sheet, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip burgers. Wait 2 minutes, top burgers with cheese. Cover pan, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Take buns from the oven, place patty on bottom bun, add toppings, and spread Sriracha and mayonnaise (mixed to desired heat) on the top bun.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.